The Union Free School, located at 560 Fifth Street, Clear Lake, Wisconsin served its intended purpose when it was built in 1922. For three quarters of a century, students spent countless hours advancing their knowledge in these hallowed classrooms. In 1997 the last high school graduation was held in this building. In the fall of 1998, the Clear Lake Ministerial Association (a group of area ministers) purchased this historic building to create a Community Center for the Clear Lake area. The Clear Lake Community Center, Inc. was created in 1999 to operate the Center. Community minded citizens took over ownership from the Ministerial Association as a 501(c)3 non-profit Corporation in 2003 and is governed by a board of directors.